SLH Lifestyle + Concierge Style Tip : The Shirt
9 to 5 Never Fit So Good.
When a twenty-something female enters corporate America, one of the hardest challenges she faces is the transitioning process of her wardrobe. She immediately finds herself in the stages of trying to bridge the gap between college casual and corporate chic. One of the biggest style challenges we solve is the correction of ill fitting workwear. The improper fit of blouses in particular can restrict their ability to incorporate these pieces from day to night, unable to maximize their wardrobe.
Entrepreneur Rochelle Behrens is the stylish mind behind the creation of The Shirt. A collection of feminine blouses and classic shirts, with a patented dual button technology that is designed to eliminate gaping between buttons, allowing for a more custom fit along the shoulders, bust and body. Each shirt is constructed with additional length that allows for easy tucking. Bold prints and rich materials such as silk are the perfect solution for individualization at the work place.
SLH Lifestyle + Concierge Top Picks - Stylish Work + Weekend Staples.
The Shirt by Rochelle Behrens
SLH Lifestyle Style Tip | Color Trends For Fall
The conclusion of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week may have many looking towards spring 2013. The stylish minds behind SLH Lifestyle + Concierge, however, are very much in the present. Our backs are on the verge of breaking from carrying the weight of september issues’ filled with forecasted fall fashion and color trends.
So hide the bright and bold neons and dust off those jewel tones and classic colors. As we bring you four fall colors to incorporate Into your current wardrobe. The days are getting shorter; The air is getting crisp, and Starbuck’s has stocked up on everything spice. So let the leaves fall where they may. We’ll all need something to kick while we’re breaking in this season’s boots. Fall is upon us friends.
- We’d say camel is the new neutral, but it never left. What has changed, is the way in which we are innovatively seeing and pairing camel.
- For a modern take, try looking for camel in a rich texture such as suede and leather.
- Do not be afraid to incorporate and experiment with animal prints such as calf hair, crocodile embossed and tortoise shell.
- We love the monochromatic moment were seeing with camel and similar neutral tones. Michael Kor’s fall mix for 2012 is a prime example of this look.
- Evergreen, a color that is sure to leave street gawkers green with envy, consisting of darker tones that are easy to immerse into your existing corporate wardrobe, working wonders with camel, cognac brown, oxblood and navy for a heritage look.
- We have been pairing this fall trend with herringbone pieces, plaid blazers, chunky knits, sleek trousers, all-purpose boots and olive utility jackets for a revitalizing alternative to the military influence.
- Look to classic lifestyle brands like Barbour and Ralph Lauren.
- Navy, a regal option and favorite of the Duchess of Cambridge, has been rapidly replacing its black predecessor.
- For an updated look of this collegiate color, simply replace your preferred denim for a tailored pant in navy, providing a polished alternative to a once causal attire.
- Navy is an ideal color for those who prefer another dark option. Navy is remarkably forgiving when mixed with a majority of colors and works better on both cooler and warmer skin tones then a basic black.
- For a modern update, black can be worn with midnight blue (A darker shade of navy).
- Try pairing navy with oxblood accents as seen at Club Monaco!
- As previously mentioned in our fall 2012 runway report, oxblood and bordeaux were splashed all over the collections of Burberry, Tory Burch and J.Crew Collection.
- Serving as the replacement for the rouge red of seasons past, oxblood and bordeaux, are darker and richer reds with varying brown and purple undertones.
- It instantly refreshes an outfit of basic grey or black and serves as a great complement to navy, evergreen and espresso brown.
- Working well with a majority of the go-to colors for fall, we recommend incorporating this color in substantial accessories. think leather jackets, handbags, shoes, gloves and cuffs!
- Showcased as a major seasonal beauty trend, try pairing a bold wine lip with a fresh face as seen by Nars.
SLH Lifestyle + Concierge Style Tip - Perfecting BOLD Brights
Bright Lights Neon City!
With Summer Heating Up, The Stylists at SLH Lifestyle bring you the hottest color combinations for the summer season. Nothing is hotter than a bold neon or bright pop of color on a scorching day or evening pounding the pavement in New York City. While a pop of color is a new addition to what once was a neutral wardrobe, The art of color blocking may require more of a talent. The key with color blocking neons or brights is contrast or complementation. Our Color Analysis at SLH Lifestyle + Concierge suggests using a color wheel, as a helpful tool in determining the art of contrast and complementing tones for this summer’s hottest look.
Here, are some examples of color combinations using contrast, complementation, and color blocking.
Cobalt Blue + Citrine, Turquoise + Wine, Royal Blue + Orange, Purple + Citrine, Purple + Orange, Coral + Turquoise, Purple + Lime, Royal Blue + Red, Purple + Red, Yellow + Cobalt Blue, Yellow + Purple.
Color Block Combination- Red + Orange + Pink.
Color Block Combination- Royal Blue + Turquoise + Lime.
SLH Lifestyle Styling Tips.
- Nude or Metallic Shoes work well with Neon or Color Block Attire.
- Cobalt Blue looks great with City Grey and Metro Black.
Hesitation About The Neon Look?
- Pair one bright or neon shade with black. As seen in Michael Kors shoe above.
- Try by bringing in Jewelry with these Hues, or Purses as seen in Kate Spade above.
- Color Blocking with Accessories. Try color blocking with a scarf or pick out the vibrate colors in a pattern you adore, for an easy implementation into your wardrobe.
The Editorial Inspiration.
Not a color connoisseur? Try finding suitable color combinations within your favorite magazines. Every month editors and art directors determine color combinations for the cover of their latest issue. It is there, where one can view and implement color combinations for their wardrobe.
SLH Lifestyle + Concierge Tip- NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
New York Fashion Week is a Lifestyle and Fashion pinnacle for New York City. A Semi-Annual event bringing unparalleled energy and a primary cause for a closet expansion! While the events, promote a fashionable capital to step up their game even further, gaining admittance to the coveted spots can be trickier than a stiletto on a cobble stone street. The Team of SLH Lifestyle + Concierge has brought you a Fashion Week Wrap Up, and an Inside Look into the Tents of LincoIn Center at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
Inside The Tent of Lincoln Center showcases its partnering sponsors and vendors. Looking for a new look in between shows? TRESemme’ Salon was on hand, to help your tresses look like the mane act! While Mercedes Benz revealed upcoming models, allowing one a glimpse into how they may arrive in style and still fashionable late for the upcoming seasons.
Forget the paparazzi outside looking to catch a glimpse of the Who’s Who of the Fashion World, or the Next Fashion It Girl for the Street Style Blogs of the moment, DHL an official logistics partner of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and the trusted name for shipping designer couture, offered a POP–UP Studio and Fashion Photographer on hand allowing visitors to capture their experience. The outside lounge kept a chic vibe with all white couches and heating lamps, for those looking to catch some air or outerwear inspiration. In between shows, visitors could keep hydrated and have a bite at the café while catching up on reading courtesy of Women’s Wear Daily, Gotham Magazine, The Daily Front Row, And The New York Times Magazine.
The Box- Housed Designer Presentations, Allowing guests to view designs from all angles in an intimate experience as an alternative to the standard runway show!
If You May Have Missed NY FALL 2012 Fashion Week, Don’t Fret Our Little Fashionistas’ SLH Lifestyle + Concierge Has Brought You The Essentials.
The Fashion Forecast
- Colors To Invest In- Global Color Direction with the Addition of Natural and Neutral Basics, Dark Navy, Cobalt Blue, Metallics (Pale Gold, Antique Gold, Dark Silver), Jewel Tones, Charcoal Black, City Grey, Soft Pink, Bright Pink, Canvas White, Fiery Red, Ivory, Putty, Burgundy, and Wine Tones.
- Materials & Fabric Patterns To Look For- Blended Tweed, Velvet, Silk, Sheer Chiffon, Silky Wool, Sporty Shine Nylon, Jersey Fabrics, Rayon, Viscose, Malleable Leather, Heritage Checks, Metallic Organza, Subtle Crepe, Combo- Chenille + Tapes + Boucle = For a Three Dimensional Graphic Pattern.
SLH Lifestyle Style Tips
- Designers Are Getting Techie- So trying checking if your designer of choice is streaming their Fall Runway Show on their Website, for a visual inside look from the comfort of your own home.
- Not A Fashion Buyer or Merchandiser? No Problem. Moda Operandi brings you Fashion Trunk Shows straight from the Runway. Place an order for your most coveted piece before they hit the stores. For More Information Visit, ModaOperandi.com.
SLH Lifestyle + Concierge Style Tip - Fall ‘12 Color Forecast
Fashion Forecast – Burgundy for Fall 2012
Straight from the Tents at Lincoin Center, the Style Team of SLH Lifestyle has brought you a Fashion Forecast!
With New York Fashion Week heading to a close, there’s one thing we know for sure, get out your red wine classes as saturated wine tones are going to be served up big for Fall 2012 and remain a major presence for the Fall 2013.
Rich tones of burgundy, oxblood, plum, garnet and bordeaux are present within the major collections and are set to be forecasted as a Major Trend For The Fall.
We have presently seen this within the Tommy Hilfiger Runway Show in military inspired looks while, Alexander Wang’s F/W 2012 Accessories bleed oxblood perfection. J. Crew’s Fall presentation had the team falling in love with their ability to pair the color of the moment with cooler colors, funky fabrics, and pretty patterns for a modern look. While, Tory Burch’s Fall Collection showcased this trend in a monochromatic look, experimenting with different textures of this hue in ladylike cuts.
These colors spice up an all black wardrobe and remain a complement to the charcoal / metro grey, which are found within most New Yorker’s wardrobes. Try a tradition route, by pairing the color of the moment with neutral tones such as mahogany / cognac brown, midnight navy, and pine green for a collegiate all american look!
These shades add a touch of maturity and sophistication while working well in outerwear and accessories such as coats, jackets, footwear, and handbags as well as in Ready To Wear; pants, sweaters, and blouses.
So Fill Up Your Cup, As these red wine shades will have you saying CHEERS to Fall Fashion!
SLH Lifestyle + Concierge Style Tip - RENT THE RUNWAY
Rent The Runway, Rule The Streets.
Rent The Runway is the ideal service we use, when styling our clients’ or preparing them for a major event. This Members Only Service makes glamourous and high-end designer duds, accessible for the modern woman. Women will no longer commit the fashion crime of wearing a jaw dropping dress once for a major event, only to find it a home, in the back of their closet. Rent The Runway not only houses gorgeous dresses but jewelry, handbags, beauty products, and those handy intimates that remain a stylist secret! It’s no wonder that many women, like our clients’ are Renting it, Wearing it and Returning it.
So Here’s How The RTR System Works.
- Once a member, You select your dream dress (150 designers, 25,000 dresses.. this could take a while.) Which RTR ships either same or next day delivery given your location.
- Rent The Runway will even provide a second dress in an additional size to give you the proper fit your craving.
- Once you’ve ruled the streets in your Rent The Runway designer dress, place it in your nearest mailbox free of charge. They’ll take care of the cleaning!
- You now have access to your dream closet & are ready for any occasion at a fraction of the cost.
- Rent The Runway Repeat.